Out and about:
DL Havlin will make two presentations:
Florida the Forgotten Years 1865-1914
Florida in the Revolutionary War
Come out and say hello!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hello! We’re happy you’ve chosen to visit Author DL Havlin’s writing world and website.
Learn about this fascinating writer, his accomplishments, his books and works in the future, both planned and complete. DL currently lives in southwest Florida with his wife Jeanelle, his golden retriever Sandy, and cat Oreo. He loves the outdoors (fishing is his passion), music, football, and cooking.
A world traveler that has strong opinions, DL realizes that others may differ with him and he believes they and their beliefs are entitled to respect.
Read more about DL by selecting one of the links in the column on the right. What’s contained in these links is listed below.
- Home – That’s where you are now – it’s your map to this site.
- About DL – Learn about DL’s views on writing and more about his background.
- What’s new – The latest information about new books, appearances, and activities by DL.
- Calendar/Events – Where you can meet DL, where he’ll be, where he’s been.
- Contact – Ask questions, arrange for speaking engagements, or make comments here. Inquiries from agents and publishers welcome.
- Awards – See what awards and contests DL’s writing has garnered.
- Upcoming Work – The books DL has in process and their progress.
- Books Available – Brief synopsis of DL’s books in print and digital.
- Gallery – Pictures and video clips of DL, his appearances and interests.
- Newsletter – Inactive / Intro date TBA.
- Other Double Edge Authors – List and information about other authors published by DL’s current publisher.
- Shopping Cart – Buy books directly from DL / Autographed copies provided on request.
- Products – List of books.
- Mailing List – Sign up and get advance news of new book releases and appearance in your area.
- Out in space – Links connected to DL in some manner (bookstores, etc.)
- Socially Speaking – Click on these links to visit his blogs, SandySays1 and DLHavlin (blog) to get samples of his writing, out-look on life, and opinions. Stay abreast of his daily doings by clicking on his Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“Wild child” Chessie Partin had enough of being branded a woman who never finishes what she starts, so when she stumbles on murder evidence implicating the local “bait man” (and her tormentor), she sets her jaw and enlists the help of her suspended policeman brother, Reading, to catch the man she’s sure is a killer. Huston there’s a problem! Not enough proof. She decides to gather enough facts on her own to convict bait man, Rooster Cocker, and to prove he is the despicable villain she believes him to be. Chessie finds she’s only partly right when she shoves her nose into a sinister enterprise that has corrupt officials protecting it and that may end up slicing and dicing her to be sold as “replacement parts” by Harlan Mengelberg, its evil owner.